Friday, October 27, 2006

Mind Mapping to clarity

Oops, nice blog I just submitted. I am so key happy that I seem to enter things a little too soon.



This is an example of what they look like.

I am working hard on keeping up with my ideas. I have been logging down topic idea after topic idea. I think the mind map is a great option for generating as well as developing ideas. I have a few going right now. If you have never mind mapped, you need to try it. It works on any topic and issue. I use them often, to clear my head. Being a creative type, my mind can generate ideas so fast that it can be very overwhelming. Not to say all the ideas my mind generates are good ones. They just keep popping up in my head. Mind mapping also allows you not to loose valuable tidbits. Among a lot of unusable information there can be great little nuggets to hold onto. Even if it is just stopping and mind mapping during a journal session. It has helped me clear my head. I tend not to forget ideas either. It helps me spark new memories too. It also can help in the writing process. I consider it a fluid form of an outline. Your main topic (center of mind map) can become your story theme. Your secondary topics your chapters, or paragraphs, and so on. NEAT!!

K~

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

okay, that just looks complicated. what the heck would i map? i'm afraid i would scare me if i started to pick apart my own mind like that!!

where do you learn this stuff?
we backwoods people have never HEARD of mind mapping :)))

b

bobbione8y said...

hey, where have you been?

are you guys all hanging in there?!

love you!
me

K~ said...

Oh I LOVE Mind mapping. It is a sorce of clarity for me. I learned it in some training somewhere. I have used it ever since. We are here. Blogging has been tough since it still takes me forever to upload photos etc. Fire fox never worked for me!! K~