Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Back to the books


My 40th birthday is fast approaching. I wanted to have a book written by my 40th birthday. I have accomplished this in a small way. I have done 2 books. One on Puff and one on ECFE. I really like them. They need small tweaking here and there, and the ECFE one needs illustrations. I want Cora to do them. But, I was hoping to be further on my longer book. Problem is, I can't settle on a project that I would want to work on for a while. I know it will be about my travels. That's about it. I have dabbled here and dabbled there. I have mind mapped and jotted, but I don't have a spark yet. I think I just need to be more purposeful. In the meantime, I am going to finish up my 2 small books and have them totally complete by July 31st!!

K~

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi k!
I can be reached by clicking on the "contact me" link in the sidebar of my blog. That's fantastic news for you on your books :) Are you published?

ps. I actually hail from the Twin Cities myself - I was back visiting not too long ago and it seems I managed to catch the weather perfectly between ridiculously cold spells!

K~ said...

I did spend some time on your store website. What beautiful work you do.

As far as my book adventure, I am not published. I don't plan on being... at least not right now. The 2 books I have "done" are small and i fear don't have a big general interest theme. One is on my Bearded Dragon -Puff. and the other is on a Minnesota program that I am endign after participating in for 9 years, called ECFE (EARLY CHILDHOOD FAMILY EDUCATION).

I remember reading at one point, where you live(I think) Anyway... Are you in Texas or Arizona. The reason I ask, is I was born in Texas and now am in Minnesota. K~

Karen said...

Travels? I want to hear about your travels.