Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Man....

What a difference one glance makes.

So I am sitting here (kind of walking around, actually) and I think I need to get some stuff ready for delivery for ebay and PC. I cancelled a dentist appointment because I felt too overwhelmed by all I need to do today. I go out to say good bye to Rick, who by the way was disposing our dearly departed Fluffy (our teddy bear hamster).


Bye Bye Sweetie

Who died 2 days ago, and the kids don't know yet.... and I glance over and look at the Water turtle tank and think "Oh man, I need to clean that thing.... and soon) Then I see an open egg shell. OH DEAR!! They are mating and she has no where to lay her precious eggs!! SOOO. I drop everything and begin to not only clean there habitat, and GOOD! but, I have to dig up the sand box in the yard full of snow, not enough there, I need to exhume the sand table... phew, there is sand. Then I need to find a container, reconfigure the tank, dump out all the bad water. By lifting an extremely heavy glass tank. That felt wonderful on my riddled body from the stair fall. Build this, scrub that, fill it up, and put in the filters. And Finally. It is done.




Then I see Puff in his habitat. He needs a clean too. So I put him out on his stufty pile.



But usually, you see him like this. Under his Vikings blanket.

While I am trying to get all of this done and figured out, Bing is sitting on my feet every chance he gets.

I have now just given up on the day and am sitting here, decompressing.

K~

3 comments:

Karen said...

Good. Sometimes we just need to figure out when to give it up, sit back, and chill. May I kindly suggest that you use this time to pray or read your bible?? I think it would be good for you!

I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you heal quickly!

bobbione8y said...

glad for the chat we had today, kirst.

glad you are encouraging, karen.

bobbione8y said...

oh, btw, sorry that fluffy is no more. i kinda liked him :)