Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Farm in the City

Still NO EGG! I am becoming increasingly impatient! I am sure she is too. I need to call the Exotic Vet today and see what I can do. Maybe this just takes time, but WOW!! Talk about the mother of all hemorrhoids she is going to have!

Puff has been out and about more and more these days. After the bitter cold snap I have been more inclined to put him on his pillow/stufty pile. He is so happy there.

I was able to clean Puffs, the 3 water turtles (LuLu, Maxwell, Magellan and the sunfishes) tank, as well as the 8 gold fish and 1 catfish tank, the other day. They are so nice and clear.

The next task is my land turtles (Yuri, Shelley, and Pebbles)! They are SO itching to get out and roam! Still to cold on the tile floor.

Then it's the toad (Jaba), frog (no name) and anole (Irene) tank and the snake (Snaky) tank.

The one I am dreading the MOST is the Salt water tank. That sits by a window, and MAN is it hard to keep that clean.

Lastly, it is our tank. This is the most discouraging!

I do try and keep up. I just fall so behind. I am working a lot at the computer, and frankly, I like to stay here unless I am sleeping or running errands. I think I am making progress, however. I am going through stuff little by little. Throwing, donating and organizing.

I do a little everyday and that is enough, I think!

K~

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hey Kirsten--my Monkey wants to know how many animals you have in all. What's the current count? We're all pulling for your turtle, thanks for keeping us posted.

K~ said...

We have at least 45 if you count all the fish and water frogs etc. I have to do a current count on account of the regular early spring passing. I will let you know. K~

Karen said...

Any eggs yet????

K~ said...

Off to the vet we go! K~

Chris said...

45 pets! Wow. Well, judging from all the tanks you have to clean including your own, a little at a time is just right!