Thursday, August 14, 2008

My weekly Fear Factor

9' wing span
16 pound body
5' tall
13-3/4" bill.
The American White Pelican

All that stands between me and him..... a 6' net.

I had to hold it out so he could continually snap at it (and not me) while, one handed, I removed 3 pounds of dead fish from his pool, drain the pool, spray out his area, tip the pool, spray some more, fill the pool and put the 3 pounds of dead fish back.

And to think last week, I was thinking the gulls and green heron were intimidating.
Like I said.... my weekly Fear Factor.
K~

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

gosh, WHERE do you get those photos??!

i love the weekly photo essay. just love it.

however, you must be nuts.

K~ said...

Hey Bob, I just google images and look for the ones that tell my story the best. It was quite amazing and i mean it when I say fear factor. I have to muster some kind of nerve to go into some of these cages. K~

bobbione8y said...

might go yarn shopping today :))


me