Thursday, July 23, 2009

Do I look like a tree?.........

Don't answer that......
So for the last few weeks I have been helping out with the 3 cages of juvenile raccoons. The numbers vary from 8 to 10 in each of the 3 cages.
Cage #2 has the most "easy going" raccoon. They tend to stay up in their barrel and/or in the corner, while I clean.
Cage #3 are the feisty escapees. We had a major breakout last night. We had a heck of a time getting 8 or 9 raccoons back in their pen that has a large gate. It was probably very entertaining to watch.
Cage #4 are my climbers. Every week, I have had a raccoon pawing at my back, one time one was riding my back. Then there is one ( I think it's the same one) that loves to try and get into my boot. So as I am hosing the pen down, I have one on or near my back and one climbing in my boot. It takes a multi-tasker to be able to handle this cage. Luckily, I thrive at multi tasking. I fed the 3 bats, the 1 snake, and My favorite tipping snapping turtle, too. Other than the odor, it is just the best job ever. I have to admit, I think the smell gets lodged in my sinuses, because, sometimes I swear I can still smell it on my way home. K~

1 comment:

bobbione8y said...

i LAUGHED at loud at the picture you painted in this post. must we go visit these guys when i am up there?!