Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The zoo at home

Nala needs crazy meds. I am going to take her in September. She is SO nervous. Poor little kitty. She is primarily an outdoor cat now. She likes to come in at about midnight and go out about 2:45 am, where she stays out until 7 am. Quick snack and out until about 2 PM. Then she naps in doors for a while. What a life.


Here is my sweet girl. She made this mask and won the most creative mask award. Who is the stocker in the back. Does he think I am taking his dumb photo? C is so special. she is a light in and of herself. I just love this mask and it is a perfect example of the detail she takes on all of her work. Note the Power Puff ice cream in her hand. Yum.

I am watching my 2 year old nephew today. I am so excited. Actually, C is watching him. She does so good with him. I kind of scare him. I am hiding so he can have some fun with her. The boys still sleep.
My adult turtles are driving me crazy. They swim at me all day. I need to find a better shelter and basking area for them.
I am waiting for the time I need to pick up my last adoptee. Puff is a bearded dragon that needs a home. He is a 7 year old dragon. Apparently he likes to be held. I'm a little nervous about that. It has been a long time since I held a large lizard. (does that sound funny?)
I just love my animals. They are A LOT of work. But work that I find rewarding and enjoyable.
Lose is inevitable. I am down to 2 betta fish now. They have a 2 year life span. I also lost my male toad. Very unexpectedly. That was sad.
I am trying to be encouraged today. The house is a mess but I have a long long way to go. I need to keep up with my home, family and business. I am just taking a lot of deep breaths. SIGH..........

1 comment:

bobbione8y said...

ah, so good to see the little ones (nala and c) online, i know, it's probably weird to put your fam out there for the world to see!!

I do love C's creation. hug her and tell her i miss her!!!

been and i are chillin', it's that time of the day when a nap sounds nice, just like nala :))