Sunday, September 03, 2006

Getting CLOSE to nature....

When we were on our trip we saw so many different animals. It was quite special. They were so close too!

Rick and I have a joke we say to each other. It came from our trip to Yellowstone in 1996. People were so stupid. They would get so close to any animals: moose, grizzles, bison, etc. We said to each other, "the next time we look they will be riding them" ......Well that's how we felt this time too, except, the animals themselves were so close to us, we COULD ride them!

These are 2 of my favorite shots. Of course the Buffalo... How majestic. If you look close below and to the left of his horn, you can see his eye. And I love that I got the Prairie dog walking. It is kind of an odd shot. You don't see this too often. K~

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

wow, that was maybe a little bit TOO close to the buffalo !

they are kinda mean, you know :)

it was so good seeing you guys, if only for a bit. I started cleaning the basement this weekend, guess i would like to be able to let you stay over next time :))

b

Stephanie said...

hooray wildlife! Though I would not have been happy to discover a buffalo quite so close. I had an unanticiapted close enocounter with a buffalo once - thank goodness it didn't charge!

:D