Wednesday, September 06, 2006

All in the perspective....

Aaahhh..... South Dakota seems so long ago. It doesn't seem possible that we were there lest then a week ago. The first day of school is OVER!! That was a tough one. The second seems to be a little more settled. I hope it is a good sign of what is to come.

In regards to my close photographs, I have ZOOM on my camera. However, the animals were VERY close. A little too close. They were crossing the road, etc. I asked Rick if the truck got gored, would he write on it with permanent marker "gored by a buffalo!" .....I would.

We were in Yellowstone 10 years ago fishing in a stream. One adult male (huge) came between us and the stream bank. We were pretty nervous and stood very still. Ever since then, I prefer being in a vehicle at least, and some distance if possible. And aren't Prairie Dogs supposed to carry the Bubonic Plague or something horrid like that??

I finished my South Dakota tribute in colors bookmark. I am just working on beading the top. I will post it when I am done. I did like cross stitching. I did most of that when I lived in South Dakota oh so many years ago.

I am now busy keeping up with the house and being "Caroline Ingles". I think getting back to the Prairie helped me realize that doing 6 loads of clothes in one day WITH a washing machine and not a rock is quite easy and doable. I also realize that spending one night in an unbelievable windy area, in a tent, is just one night and not months or so.

Hitch up the wagon Caroline, we are going to move homesteads again.....Ok dear.

K~



1 comment:

bobbione8y said...

Funny you should mention Caroline.

Carey has talked to me about the fact that the Ingalls children never sass Caroline and Charles.

She is wondering what kind of tricks Caroline had up her dress, because SHE cannot seem to get that far with her boys!

ha.