Tuesday, March 13, 2007

MOM

MOM = Many Overwhelming Moments

If there is anything for sure, being a mom is filled with many overwhelming moments.

If you are person who thrives on the unpredictable/predictable events of life, become a charge of 3 humans. I tell you, it is never dull. I wish I had a specific situation to write about this morning, but, I was just reflecting over what happened 24 hours ago. Nothing special, just a normal school morning in the Walsh home.

Yesterday - 7:30 am


Kids get up, grumpy, loudly and unwillingly.

Bing is the WORST alarm clock ever! He licks them a bit, snuffs some, and then does a twirls around and lays down to nap!

D can't make it. Screaming his breakfast order, screaming at S, screaming because it's too bright, screaming because it's too cold, screaming because he "CAN'T MAKE IT TOO SCHOOL, DON'T I UNDERSTAND!!!. Then the screaming and crying continues for the next hour and 10 minutes.


C has the sniffles and her belly hurts. She's going to make it to school though (her lunch is made). She can't make it to school after all (Her lunch is put away). She needs breakfast. Now her stomach hurts. She needs to lay down. She need kleenex. Her clothes hurt her. She goes back to bed.


S is fighting with the dog. He is too cold. He is not dressed. He is not going to eat. Then he is hungry. He needs to be dressed by mom. Then he can do it himself. Then he is really sad. He cries and cries that HE doesn't want to go to school. I need to wipe the tears and get him out the door.

Nala is hissing continually at Bing. Bing is continually bugging Nala (and S). Bing gets his butt swiped and goes back for more. Nala sticks around to show she's the boss of this house. Bing is put in his kennel. Nala grumps off.

I DON'T FALL DOWN THE STAIRS..... It's a miracle.

After a long frustrating hour+ of crying, screaming, consequences, and loving coxing, the 2 boys head to the bus stop. Don't see D get on. I worry until I hear from school to see if he made it, or if he is wondering the streets and I need to go look for him.

Then it is off to a 10 am appointment. To Target to get prescriptions picked up that they called me about, and they are not ready!! Come home to greet S at the door from the bus. Check on C and start to make lunch for S, Cora's is already made. Bing proceeds to eat S's peanut butter sandwich. So S has a bag of fruit snacks instead.

All before Noon.

Phew........


This morning..............No screaming, crying, fussing or consequences. Just smiles, eating, dressing and on the way.


K~

6 comments:

bobbione8y said...

yawn.

your post makes me tired just thinking about it :)

Susan said...

Oh I so know what you are talking about. Every day is a new adventure and so unlike the last. When you think you have it almost figured out they pull the rug right out from under you.

Karen said...

And to think that I MISS my Bonus Kids, would take them back in half a heartbeat....motherhood makes you insane.

Chris said...

Very cute and tiring story! I love the pic too. What a nice family you have.

Chris said...

Hey! I just realized that we have the same blog background! Weird!:)

K~ said...

Thanks for all your comments. I really like the interaction. K~