Friday, May 04, 2007

I have waited 10 years......

I have waited 10 years. "Quiet" and confident that my hard work in my perenial gardens would withstand the trampling of little feet, the constant picking of only the heads of the flowers, or the entire plant! That the tender plants would bounce back after being fell on or smashed by a ball.

It is yet another spring and my little friends are poking up their tender heads to say "Hi, we made it yet again, for another year!"

But God has been planting something in me each year that has grown over the 10 years. It has become a stronger part of me.

That would be patience.

Because this year, while trying to photograph my spring friends, another friend proceeded to follow me and tried to eat them!

So it might be 11, 12 or 13 years. But I can wait, and so can my spring friends!!!

K~







4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, Bing! Don't eat the flowers!! He's so stinking cute, I'm not sure I could be mad at him!!

K~ said...

Oh, I am not mad.... just trying to be calm and discouraging the nibbling. He also likes to dig is chew bones into the soft wet dirt. He actually digs his bones into the ground!! K~

bobbione8y said...

now, don't take this the wrong way, but something about his face kind of reminds me of rick.

not that rick follows you around eating your perennials. i hope.

:) my baptisia is coming up too.

bobbione8y said...

oh, and i'm glad God is growing some patience in your garden too :)