Monday, October 29, 2007

"Vacation"


Now that I am going down memory lane from the "Vacations" of my youth. There was this time that I will never forget. My dad was able to collect a rare find! An albino rattlesnake. Oh... did I mention that is was apparently a pregnant albino rattlesnake? But what to put it in.....Oh yes. An ice cream pail. That will do just fine. No matter that it hardly fits into the pail. Last problem....Where to put the pail with the pregnant albino rattlesnake...obviously.... in the back of the van with my 3 precious girls. Needless to say we got about 3 miles and that was the end of that. Mama snake was set free and no snake bite kits were taken out......OH.... we didn't have one of those.
K~

2 comments:

Karen said...

Holy crap. That sounds like the plot of a "Vacation" movie. You could have the rattlesnake in the backseat with the kids, and the dog tied to the bumper.

If I were you, I would pull that story out at every family gathering, kind of like my sister and I bring up the time my dad drove the UHaul truck over the median when he was moving her to Colorado Springs.

K~ said...

Yes, that sounds like a very good idea. I just wish that was the only situation I could bring up. I will tell more stories later. K~