Monday, November 24, 2008

The Need to Knead!

I am not sure what it is, but I have been into major baking and cooking as of late. I absolutely LOVE to make home made bread. It has been about 8 years since I have kneaded bread! It felt so good. I felt creative! I think it is our economy. We are trying to get the kids to eat better and save money at the same time. That is not an easy task. I finally, however, made wheat bread that the kids like and I have made a total of 4 loaves. 1 eaten, 1 ready to eat, and 2 frozen YEAH! I have also make Berry Waffles and am still making the pumpkin chocolate chip waffles. I have become a pro at crock pot roast and chicken and now will be moving on to other things soon. I am doing nothing exotic, but, it feels good to provide the best I can. K~

2 comments:

Karen said...

Cough it up, sister. I need recipes. I made whole wheat bread yesterday, too. Always looking for a good recipe.

bobbione8y said...

you go girl!

made 2 loaves of bread this weekend too, i cheat and use the bread machine to knead, tho :)

agree with karen. recipe, please?!