Thursday, March 22, 2012

I posted on Facebook about being the CEO of my house.  I am looking at things in a whole new way.  I am kind of faking it until I make it.  I posted previously about not wanting to be referred to as a homemaker (only) I am not very good at homemaking.  I tend to take my family and animal needs into consideration first and let the floors, dust and clutter sit for a while.  I have broken down my CEO job by the letters.
C - Chief/Creative/Caring
E -Executive/ Efficient/Empathetic
O -Operator/Organized/Open

These are the words that I am choosing to reflect on.  I am going to put them up look at them daily.  I hope this will remind me that even though I do not earn money, that what I do contribute is still worth something.  It is almost impossible to ignore societies values on money.  Money seems to define Americans.  I was raised with that mind set surrounding me, and I don't see it changing in my lifetime.  But it however, can change in me.  I believe that I can learn to feel just as valuable as a societal contributor even if I don't bring in a paycheck.  Having said that, knowing it deep inside and living it day to day, for me anyway, can be a very challenging thing.  


K~

No comments: