Friday, October 25, 2013

I think I want to be an artist

I need to go on an artist retreat.  I am feeling the need to dive deep into creative expression.  I want to spend time with the creative side of my brain and let it flow instead of stopping it up and making it wait until I finish this and that.  I craft on and off during the day and night.  I craft and create at various events and in waiting rooms.  I am known to have a craft in my hand at a stop light as well as in a line at the store.  But I need time.  I need time to close my eyes and really think about color and flow, texture and contrast, shadows and medium.  I just don't take the time.  I don't quiet myself for any length of time to be an artist.  So... I need a retreat, a vacation from my problems, from myself.  I need to get away from myself for awhile.  

K~

No comments: