Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ahhhh Spring!!

Remember Spring.
Everything fresh and colorful. Everything new and exciting.

Bobbi, I read on your blog that you had a swallowtail. We have one that comes back every year. It has been here for too many years to remember!! This is it!! Isn't he Gorgeous!! I just watched crocodile hunter last night with the kids. Steve Erwin is quite the excited personality. However, if you see this beauty, You have to say it in his voice.

The purple flowers are from my blue indigo. This is a fantastic plant. The plant is about 3' to 4' high. It is very showy. I added another one of these this spring. Next year I will have a huge population of them.

The little pink flowers are from my favorite plants, epimediums. This plant is a ground cover. It is so beautiful. The plant is so sweet and has very wonderful leaves. The flowers are small and precious. That flower is about the size of a dime. I do love my spring garden. My interest starts to wane in the late summer. I think it is because of it being so humid out. I don't spend time outside as I should. The lose of my turtles also have driven me in this summer.

I think that Spring is a time of renewal for me. End of summer is a time of evaluation. I have been pleased overall with what I have done this summer. I always feel I could do more. But, I know I did plenty.

I am going to work on my book this week. I am also getting the scrapbooking bug really bad these day. I think it is time to get that out soon. Have a great Wednesday.

Enjoy the day and the sun. It is supposed to rain tomorrow. K~

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh, i am jealous of that photo :)) but i am keeping my eye out for the swallowtail again, so i can get a better shot. lately i've been thinking about a camera with a macro lense, this blogging thing is so inspiring for becoming a better photographer, something that has never interested me much!

As for the flowers, thankfully i have both to look forward to next spring, thanks to Highland and you!! The only thing that has bloomed this year from there is the candy lily, but next year WATCH OUT!!

love you!

K~ said...

Yes, I missed photographing my Candy lilies this year. I don't where I was when they were blooming. When I went out to check on them, they were in their nice neat little curls. Love the grasshopper. K~