Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The kinesthetic crocheter

Here are some of the examples of what I do when I am "sitting still". I love to crochet. This is a photo of a 63 - 10 x 10 squares afghan. I call it my convalescent afghan. I started it in Nov. of 2005 when I became ill. I finished it in March 2006. I was still ill. I thought I would get a few squares started, and 63 of them later. I crocheted them all together. I liked the challenge of putting together the different colors and textures. It really brought back to my love of color theory. I had so much fun playing around with the squares. This afghan is too heavy to lift with one hand. It is almost too heavy for me to lift at all. For those of you who knit and crochet, I used double yarn in each motif in order to make it a thick winter afghan. I will need an industrial washing machine to ever get this clean. Thank goodness for the patterns!! K~

No comments: