Thursday, August 17, 2006

Getting healthy

I have been on a health kick for quite a while. I get off it now and again, but I have been hitting it pretty hard the last few weeks. I got a wonderful book from my sister-in-law, Janet, "The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook". The photos are incredible. I figured I would graduate from avocado and sea salt tortillas to something cooked. I started simple. Here is a photo of my results. I made the red pepper and green bean dish. I added Tofu. It was very good, but, I must admit, it tasted like red peppers, green beans and tofu. I wanted a little more zing from the $4.00 jar of Thai Chili paste I bought. If I made it again, I would use 1 tea spoon instead of the 1/2 teaspoon the recipe asked for. Now that I see the photo, does it even look good?? Maybe because it is 7:30 AM. And.... I am eating a donut.

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

yum!

that looks fantastic, only it sorta looks like a CANNED green bean, and i am mortified to admit that i have pounds and pounds of em out in the garden that went to waste because i just got sick of em!

shooot.

K~ said...

Actually, they are fresh green beans. I learned how to get them nice and green from the cookbook. I could not believe it, I looked at washed cut fresh green beans in a bag.... $3.80 for a pound. I got unwashed, uncut, fresh green beans.... $0.89 a pound. Now who, I ask you would need to spend, what, 4 times the amount to wash and cut the ends of green beans!!!

bobbione8y said...

Ask C. that question, because i distinctly remember my MOM making me cut and snap green beans, and i HATED IT!!

:)