Thursday, October 19, 2006

All attitude!

What an attitude! She's in the right place.
Pebbles is my hatchling box turtle. She is about a year now. She is just a little over 2" long by 2 1/4" wide and super sweet. I feed her baby food squash, beans, banana, and peas. With that, I put in meal worms and her vitamin powder. She also gets grated fresh veggies too. She is exploring my desk now. I am starting to take her out more. I want her to be able to explore. (I need to do that with my other land turtles. They are a bit too large to explore my desk, but if I put them on the kitchen floor, the may fall down the basement steps. You may ask yourself, why doesn't she just block that off... Well don't forget, I have 3 young kids as well. They like to forget about things and then apologize.) Any way, I digress. I have had her since April. She came from Texas. (And boy are her arms tired!!) She is still considered a hatchling. Baby box turtle hatchlings can live mostly under ground for the first 2 years of their lives. Now of course I am calling her a she. When in fact it will be a while until I know for sure she is a she. She may be a he! But I thought Pebbles can be a gender neutral name. She is so beautiful and fun to watch. She too likes to snuggle under a fold in my shirt. She is very light however, and I am afraid that I may forget she is there and stand up. So, I don't do that very often. Only when I am alone and it is quiet. (Ok, I almost NEVER do that!) My water turtles are growing too. LuLu is doing well. He is the little map turtle. Maxwell is CRAZY!! He just can't spend any time alone. Except of course tonight when I decide to write about him. He is all alone on the floating log. Magellan is so tolerant. I can't believe what he puts up with. I tell you if I were him, I would have bitten off one of Maxwell's legs by now!! I have 7 beautiful gold fish, that, were bought for feeder fish. They are getting quite large. I need to get a HUGE filter for this much crowded tank. Luckily it is quite big. Puff??? Where is Puff you ask?? Oh, He is such a sweety and I am going to get him off his log he has been on all day, and we are going to do our snuggle time now. K~

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh, the babies are so adorable.
i wish they had fur, i would probably get one ;))

seriously, i have been doing pretty well with changing Santino and Andrae's water once a week, so you never know!

b

K~ said...

I can't tell you how much I love Puff!! He is so "snuggly" I think I am going to dress him up for halloween. K~