Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Keeping up with keeping up

The crew in the Black Hills..Check out the faces.......

Glad to hear I have readers out there. Apparently I have been slacking. Or, so I have been informed. I really have had quite a full week. I am on the sick path of the winter. I started about 1 month early, so this should be a treat for me. I swear co-pays will eat up any "extra" cash flow one may ever have. But, it's better then paying it all!!

I have been working on several "book" ideas. I put book in "" because, I don't consider myself a writer. I am going to finish illustrating the ECFE book and then that one will be done. I am working on a book about Puff. I thought, again, aimed towards kids. Hopefully fun and educational all at the same time. I have a huge mind map for that going. I secured my dad's field journals for Mexico, and am going to go through those for a general route of our trips. Reading them, may spark my memory and fuel my writing a bit more.

So far most of my animals are settling into the colder weather. I have needed to move several of them around. Puff prefers me to lift him onto the log for heat in the late morning. Otherwise, he just sleeps under a leaf all day. (sounds kind of nice) Pebbles continues to scratch around and explore her world. The snake hides all day and all night. Kind of a hermit. Speaking of Hermits, our hermit crab is still alive. I don't know how he is doing it with out ever eating? Nala is just a beast and she spends most of her waking hours hunting for wild game.

I have been knitting up a storm. I have finished the 4th strip of my afghan and have started the fifth. I am liking this project.

I am so proud of myself, I got all the kids off to school today, WITH their homework finished and in their back pack. Wow!! my job is done here. K~

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

ah. glad you are back. i have been crazy nuts busy too, today is the 1st break i've had in a week or so.

the sun is out, and the memory of summer is still around, why was it we choose to live in this tundra again?

:) b

K~ said...

I think it is all we know.....K~