Friday, October 13, 2006

Book Marks!

Book marks from left to right. The one on the left is my vision of the South Dakota landscape. This was my first one. The next one was just a whimsy of color theory. Some of the colors blend together, some abut after images of themselves (dark magenta and light green, Red and light blue) The third is my Sweden book mark for my dads birthday (which is in June...Oops) He goes to Sweden every year. Each one has taken about a week to do. I enjoy them A LOT!
I have been working on my book marks since my trip to south Dakota. I just finished a book mark for my sister for her birthday next week. I have loved working with color.
My friend Bobbi just mentioned in her blog about needing to work with color. I think it is in some of us. We have a compelling need to mix and match color.
My favorite us of color and texture, is the beautiful results that occur when you put them together. I have done this randomly as in my afghan strip, and measured as in my book mark for my sister. The book mark is a study a piece of artwork. What I do is study the piece and look at the colors involved. Then with a chosen module, mine happens to be strips, you use the color proportion to recreate the piece. If successfully done, as you compare them, they are to look remarkably similar. I REALLY enjoy doing this in almost any medium. Just in case she reads this, I better keep it a secret until next week. I will post the book mark and the art piece then. K~

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

okay, first books ... and then ... bookmarks!!

that's kinda like ... deep.

:)) beautiful job! tell me when i need to go get more of em!

b

K~ said...

I love doing them. I can take them almost anywhere, that's nice!!Miss you! K~

bobbione8y said...

I love the colored strip :)) imagine that, huh?

i miss you too, it has been crazy crazy crazy here in the land of mt rushmore!! this election coming up has made it very very intense!

but good. i am feeling the power of the Lord!! woo hoo!

i am also knitting and making pot roast...not like my usual self at all when i get busy...peace (for the moment) feels nice.

love you!
b

K~ said...

That is my favorite one too. I had fun doing that one. I am doing one for Sam now and will begin on one for David. Cora is doing her own. Nicely, I might add. I have lost my voice totally now. I have been feeling ill since Sunday. It totally left me tonight. I am hacking etc. I just hope and pray it is not a repeat of last year!!!!