Monday, February 23, 2009

enjoying a bit of the beauty

It was 88 degrees here today. Not complaining. More noticeable than the heat, was the beautiful blue sky and sunshine. Just what I needed. I have not been able to do much but be with my mom and dad. My dad is still in the hospital, so I am going to be coming home on time, at this point, on Wednesday. All of these photos were taken on my walk around the block at my mom and dads house. Just super neat. The 4th photo has a hummingbird on the top of the cactus. It was so cool to see it just sitting there. If you look carefully at the Huge prickly pear cactus, the 3rd photo, you can see a couple of heart shaped lobes. K~

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

nice. is it weird not to see grass?

K~ said...

yes, a bit. I do see it on the golf courses. Sometimes someone has grass for the yard. but over all it is tan rock. K~

bobbione8y said...

coming home today?

i want to call and talk at some point when you can :)

K~ said...

Hi bob, I would LOVE to chat. It is impossible to chat here. I kind of feel like I was under survalence for the entire time. NO privacy for 9 days. Oh well. My dad is still in the hospital. i will more than likely be returning to help, maybe even sooner than later. We will see. Right now I am having a chai tea the airport surfing the web. I have no voice an and sneezing like there is NO tomorrow. My new saying is "the valley has not been good to me" K~