Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fibromyalgia

It's a bright sunny day.  I am getting ready for the day.  I am trying to recap my last few weeks so I can keep on track for the rest of the week.  I have a lot going on and a lot to do.  I need to sew Cora's costume by tomorrow.  She is going as Fiona from Adventure Time.  Cute!  and I need to prepare for my Friday Reptile class, almost done.  I need to crochet a character for Sam's best friend by the weekend, haven't started, and since I have the sewing machine up, I need to sew a banner for Barry that has been sitting here for about 5 months.  I have PT today and my LAST crochet/knitting class to teach at TCA Yeah!! That class has been HARD!  and now I am going to take a moment for me.... just to sit and update.

I have figured out a system for keep apprised of my brain fog.  I am going to keep a pen circle on my right index finger.  This way, I can enlarge it or make it smaller depending on how bad I am suffering from it.  It is stunning how this symptom can vary.  One thing, however, I have noticed, is that it sticks around for days and then leave for days (so far).  So now that I have had a few days of it being low, I have been able to get things done.  Another thing, is, is that it follows along with "flares" that is what my PT calls my pain.  I like that term.  It describes the pain well, and it doesn't limit it to any one place in my body, just like Fibromyalgia works.

I am going to put some kind or a red pen mark on my finger when I am suffering from a Flare, but I don't know how I am going to do that yet.

I still haven't put time for me on the calendar.  I need to do that.  I have not been doing any time for me.  none at all~   Last night might have constituted as some.  I went to bed at 8 PM.  I got so frustrated.  As I got out of the car, I really hurt my right shoulder.  It hurt so terribly, that I just went to bed.  I got up at midnight, took my meds and went back to bed.

That is how this dumb Fibromyalgia is working out for me.  I move in a certain way and BAM I have a pulled muscle for 5 days or a pinched nerve for 4 days or a  bone crunchy shoulder for 24 hours.  It is just frustrating. How do you learn to live with THAT!  Hover round here I come!! K~

No comments: