Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The crazy train has arrived and it's time Ms. Walsh to get aboard

Today was my first day of an 8 week journey delving into depression chasm and up the anxiety apex. Now the Anxiety apex it a quite familiar trek. I've been on that journey before. I have also been on the edges of the depression chasm and maybe even dipped my toes in for a bit. But I have never ever been this deep with barely even a life line to the surface. Of course along the way I will have to stop and be "mindful" of each and every step I am taking. I hate groups with the hot fiery burning passion of the sun (overused but necessary here) and this is 3 lovely hours during 3 beautiful days of 8 joyous weeks. Ahhhh. You know it IS all perspective. To quote Spinal Tap's David St. Hubbins "Too much, too much f***king perspective". During my pain group experience it was 4 hours a day, 5 days a week for 4 weeks. Which was shorter. Wait a minute, is this my bad math again .... 3 x 3 = 9, 9 x 8 = 72. 4 x 5 = 20, 20 x 4 = 80. CPP was more hours MAN. Oh well at least CPP had a warm salt water pool! Whatever my point is.... this sucks. I felt I wanted to share this piece with my friends here on facebook because frankly I still, no matter how hard it is, want to keep as open as possible through what has been a very vulnerable painful and to be honest frightening and lonely journey. Thanks to many of you, who have stuck by me, keeping in contact with me and just being a friend. I know it can be hard to hug a cactus or even a pile of slim, but trust me a person who you may know who is going through something like this still needs a hug or reaching out to. Remember most of the time it is a silent illness. Thanks to everyone  K~

No comments: