Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Gull Lake

Well it's that time of year again.  The time of year that we migrate to the Northern part of Minnesota for "relaxation and fun"  We have been going up every year since Sam was 3 years old.  Sam is now 13.

Mostly for me, it is a week of judgments on my parenting, ie: what I feed my kids, I'm not watching them enough, do they have enough sunscreen on, this and that and on and on.  Of course, I have both male and female parts and created them on my own. That means, according to the Walsh family, I am the only parent, and therefore the only one responsible for caring for my children while up at the lake.

It will be interesting this year to see how I get ridiculed about my childrens care: my children of 18, 16 and 13.

For many years I cared for my beloved mother in law.  She was such a dear and as the years went on things got harder so I stuck around to chat with her.  I took them in our cabin, because none of the others wanted to deal with what came with geriatric needs.  My father in law yelled and barked orders at me for the entire week and the orders and yelling grew nastier every year.  I never yelled back, however, first, because he wouldn't listen to a woman, but second i really never wanted to.  I wanted his time at Gull Lake to be a really good one.  I wanted it to be a special time, every time.

This year I have the added drive up to the resort for 4 hours.  I need to drive the truck.  The boys are going to be taking the NOVA for the first time!  It is a very exciting time for them.  They have been waiting for this for a long long time.  That means I am left to drive the white loaded down truck on my own!!! I will be alone, because my medication is not good for driving, so I don't want anyone in the truck with me.  Saturday at 6 AM I am heading out in anticipation of many stops.   All the in laws will be chomping at the bit for the motor that goes on the boat.  And I will have it. So hurry hurry. With all my stops to clear my head so not to swerve into another lane, I think it will take about 6 hours instead of the 4 hours it should.

Lastly,  a person, that last year really devastated me, and he and his wife have continued to make my healing extremely difficult, belongs to the National Guard.   And Yeah... Gull Lake resort is right next to camp ripely.  They fire those damn cannons day and night. They are suppose to be done by midnight (nice) but actually  they fire them until about 12:15 AM or later. With total disregard for those that surround them.  Rude!!! So every time the cannons go off I get to remember these 2 people that treat me like trash and consider me nothing more than an old piece of gum that they scraped off their show a year ago, I am still hurting tremendously.

Why not stay home?  Well I don't want to disappoint my family. I am a HUGE disappointment anyway, and I don't want to be even a bigger one. My kids want me there.  Rick could care less and never spends a moment with me, but my kids want me to go, besides who is going to drive the truck. I need to be up there.  Judgments, horrible reminders and all.  k~

No comments: